Whether you are single as a pringle or armpits-deep in a relationship, you should never forget to treat the no. #1 most important person in your life to some well-deserved quality time! (Hint: it’s you.)
Here are 18 ideas on how to go on a date with yourself this Valentine’s Day:
1. Buy an M&S ‘Valentine’s Dine in for 2 for £20’ deal and eat both of the meals yourself.
2. Write down a list of reasons why you’re awesome, and share it proudly all over social media.
3. Write a 2000 word essay over why a popular rom com is a terrible film.
5. Facebook stalk all the people who ever Done You Wrong and consider why their Wrong Doing has made their lives worse than yours. Really relish in it.
6. Draw a nude portrait of yourself. Don’t forget to frame it and hang it in the living room for when your parents next come to visit.
7. Buy a houseplant to be your understanding, judgement-free companion when you cry over Date Night.
8. Let out your hankering for PDA out on trees in the local park.
9. Do some yoga and pretend you have the body of the supple, tanned, muscled gods and goddesses you’ve followed on Instagram.
10. Buy yourself new, ridiculously lacy underwear, and take a good hour sashaying around the house in them.
11. Listen to my Strong Independent Woman playlist at full volume whilst doing activity number 10. (Suitable for Strong Independent Men too.)
12. Book a romantic room in a hotel and convince the staff that you’re waiting for your secret lover (who happens to be a sexy Russian spy).
13. Create a GIF that accurately represents your turbulent emotions so that people will finally understand you.
14. Bake red velvet cupcakes and decorate them with amusing swear-words.
15. Go to a pottery painting café and hog all the colourful paints, so that the children nearby can only paint in shades of brown.
16. Sit in a deep candlelit bath and consider the fragility of existence.
17. Go to a park and gaze at the sky. Try and find as many penises and vaginas as you can in the shapes of clouds.
18. Invent your own brazenly alcoholic cocktail, trying to capture the strong and bitter taste of your soul.
I hope this has given you some ideas of how to spread more #selflove in your lives. Please date responsibly.